Come back to find a new delicious recipe every week (hopefully!)...
Sometimes Aussie, sometimes a favourite from another corner of the world.
Please leave a comment and tell me how you enjoyed the recipes!



Due to unfortunate circumstances, my private blog, our family blog, and my children's blogs are no longer public blogs. If you would like to read any of those blogs, please email me at studyinghisword@gmail.com so I can send you an invitation to read any blog you are interested in.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Zucchini Slice - Gluten Free

2/3 cup pre-cooked rice
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
1 medium zucchini, grated
3 eggs, lightly beaten
4 rashers bacon, diced

Preheat oven to 170ºC (340ºF).  Line a loaf pan with baking greased paper.  Heat oil, add onion and bacon and fry until cooked through.  In a bowl mix all ingredients together; press into lined loaf pan.  Bake in the oven for 30-15 minutes or until golden brown and just set.
Serve warm or cold.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you serve this with?

Clara Van Nattan said...

maybe lunch meats and salad? The times I've made it I've taken it with me to events as my contribution, or served it at a buffet-style meal/party.

Anonymous said...

I ended up serving this with chilli sausages and baked tomato halves cooked together in the oven with the zucchini slice and it was a good combination.LME

Clara Van Nattan said...

Glad you found a good combination - and thanks again for letting me know how you enjoyed it! :)