Skip to main content

Zucchini Slice - Gluten Free

2/3 cup pre-cooked rice
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
1 medium zucchini, grated
3 eggs, lightly beaten
4 rashers bacon, diced

Preheat oven to 170ºC (340ºF).  Line a loaf pan with baking greased paper.  Heat oil, add onion and bacon and fry until cooked through.  In a bowl mix all ingredients together; press into lined loaf pan.  Bake in the oven for 30-15 minutes or until golden brown and just set.
Serve warm or cold.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What do you serve this with?
Clara said…
maybe lunch meats and salad? The times I've made it I've taken it with me to events as my contribution, or served it at a buffet-style meal/party.
Anonymous said…
I ended up serving this with chilli sausages and baked tomato halves cooked together in the oven with the zucchini slice and it was a good combination.LME
Clara said…
Glad you found a good combination - and thanks again for letting me know how you enjoyed it! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Delectable Mini Donut Muffins

*This recipe is from here on Allrecipes.com .  Even though it is just a muffin recipe, it is amazing how much these donut muffins really do taste like donuts - only better!!  WARNING:  these are so delicious, you might find it hard to stop eating them!!* Makes about 24. 1/2 cup raw sugar 1/4 cup margarine (or butter), melted 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/2 cup milk 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 cup butter, melted  [I found I needed more than this] 1/2 cup raw sugar 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 24 mini-muffin cups. 2. Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in the milk, then mix in the baking powder and flour until just combined. Fill the prepared mini muffin cups about half full. 3. Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes. 4. While muffins are baking, place 1/4 cup of melted butter in a bowl. In a separate bo...

Machbous ala dajaj

*This is a delicious spiced chicken and rice Middle Eastern dish - it is not spicy, but it is very savoury!* Serves 5-6 2 large onions, chopped 2 tablespoons ghee or butter 1 tablespoon Baharat (see recipe here) 1 teaspoon tumeric 1 chicken, about 1.5kg (3lb), cut in pieces (I used just chicken breast to save on bothering with bones!) 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, peeled and chopped (I didn't bother peeling) 1/2 teaspoon powdered Loomi (dried lime), or grated lemon zest 3 cloves 2 cinnamon sticks 6 cardamom pods 3 teaspoons salt 2 1/2 cups water 2 cups basmati rice 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (coriander) leaves, chopped 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped In a deep heavy pan, gently fry onion in ghee/butter until translucent and beginning to brown.  Stir in Baharat and tumeric and cook 2 minutes longer. Add chicken pieces and turn in onion mixture over medium heat to brown lightly.  Add tomatoes, Loomi/lemon zest, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom pods and salt, stirrin...

August Menu Planner

Back at the beginning of July, I decided to try a new idea - making a menu plan for the whole month, and trying to really stick at it in an attempt to be more frugal (using ingredients on hand rather than shopping for special ingredients when they are required on impulse).  July's menu plan went  really well, so I have set up a plan for this month as well.  I thought you might find it interesting to see what we'll be eating this month...  And if you think any of these recipes sound interesting, ask and I will post them, if possible!  (The links take you to the recipes I've already posted, for your convenience). Sunday 1st - meatballs with rice and vegies Monday 2nd - tuna mornay bake Tuesday 3rd - spicy sausages, rice and vegies Wednesday 4th - roast pumpkin & capsicum pasta salad with bacon Thursday 5th - leftovers Friday 6th - slow cooker beef stew Saturday 7th - chicken fried rice Sunday 8th - pumpkin soup Monday 9th - toad ...