Skip to main content

Garlic Butter

*We found this recipe on allrecipes.com and have used it countless times since; when spread on bread rolls and baked in the oven, it makes excellent garlic bread, but also tastes wonderful when used to fry eggs or to fry potatoes or vegetables!*

1 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground paprika

In a small bowl, combine softened butter, minced garlic and parmesan cheese.  Season with garlic salt, Italian seasoning, pepper and paprika.  Mix until smooth.

Comments

Rose said…
Oh yum! I love garlic anything and this sounds so good! I think I'll use it the next time I make veggies.

Popular posts from this blog

Delectable Mini Donut Muffins

*This recipe is from here on Allrecipes.com .  Even though it is just a muffin recipe, it is amazing how much these donut muffins really do taste like donuts - only better!!  WARNING:  these are so delicious, you might find it hard to stop eating them!!* Makes about 24. 1/2 cup raw sugar 1/4 cup margarine (or butter), melted 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/2 cup milk 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 cup butter, melted  [I found I needed more than this] 1/2 cup raw sugar 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 24 mini-muffin cups. 2. Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in the milk, then mix in the baking powder and flour until just combined. Fill the prepared mini muffin cups about half full. 3. Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes. 4. While muffins are baking, place 1/4 cup of melted butter in a bowl. In a separate bo...

Machbous ala dajaj

*This is a delicious spiced chicken and rice Middle Eastern dish - it is not spicy, but it is very savoury!* Serves 5-6 2 large onions, chopped 2 tablespoons ghee or butter 1 tablespoon Baharat (see recipe here) 1 teaspoon tumeric 1 chicken, about 1.5kg (3lb), cut in pieces (I used just chicken breast to save on bothering with bones!) 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, peeled and chopped (I didn't bother peeling) 1/2 teaspoon powdered Loomi (dried lime), or grated lemon zest 3 cloves 2 cinnamon sticks 6 cardamom pods 3 teaspoons salt 2 1/2 cups water 2 cups basmati rice 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (coriander) leaves, chopped 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped In a deep heavy pan, gently fry onion in ghee/butter until translucent and beginning to brown.  Stir in Baharat and tumeric and cook 2 minutes longer. Add chicken pieces and turn in onion mixture over medium heat to brown lightly.  Add tomatoes, Loomi/lemon zest, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom pods and salt, stirrin...

August Menu Planner

Back at the beginning of July, I decided to try a new idea - making a menu plan for the whole month, and trying to really stick at it in an attempt to be more frugal (using ingredients on hand rather than shopping for special ingredients when they are required on impulse).  July's menu plan went  really well, so I have set up a plan for this month as well.  I thought you might find it interesting to see what we'll be eating this month...  And if you think any of these recipes sound interesting, ask and I will post them, if possible!  (The links take you to the recipes I've already posted, for your convenience). Sunday 1st - meatballs with rice and vegies Monday 2nd - tuna mornay bake Tuesday 3rd - spicy sausages, rice and vegies Wednesday 4th - roast pumpkin & capsicum pasta salad with bacon Thursday 5th - leftovers Friday 6th - slow cooker beef stew Saturday 7th - chicken fried rice Sunday 8th - pumpkin soup Monday 9th - toad ...