Come back to find a new delicious recipe every week (hopefully!)...
Sometimes Aussie, sometimes a favourite from another corner of the world.
Please leave a comment and tell me how you enjoyed the recipes!



Due to unfortunate circumstances, my private blog, our family blog, and my children's blogs are no longer public blogs. If you would like to read any of those blogs, please email me at studyinghisword@gmail.com so I can send you an invitation to read any blog you are interested in.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Clara's Gourmet Pizza

1 premade 12" pizza base
8oz bacon
1 tomato
1/2 green bell pepper
1 small onion
6 slices sundried tomato
tomato paste
barbecue sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 cups mixture grated cheeses - mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan

Preheat oven to 220ºC (425ºF).  Dice bacon into small pieces and fry until browned.  Chop tomato, bell pepper, onion and sundried tomatoes into small pieces and place each in separate small bowls.
Spread desired amount of tomato paste over pizza base, and squirt liberally with barbecue sauce (to taste). Sprinkle with garlic and herbs. Sprinkle pizza evenly with vegetables and bacon, and finally top with grated cheese mix.
Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.

*This makes a far healthier (and tastier, my husband tells me) pizza than anything you could buy, and it is very simple, taking only about 20 minutes to prepare.*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In experimentimg with how to make low cholesterol pizza , I discovered pizza with no mozzarella and just a light sprinkle of parmesan on top and a good squeeze of lemon juice is my favourite and I really don't miss the mozzarella now.I mix some chilli into the tomato paste which gives it an added zing and sometimes put mushrooms and finely sliced zucchini cooked in lemon juice on top - you have to like the lemon flavour though. I also grill red capsicum skin side up till it is black ,then peel the skin off and chop. A. Bola